- Accredited Celebration Events
- Eligibility Criteria
- Nature of proposed activity
- Method of application
- Application results
- Public liability and accident insurance
To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Reform and Opening Up of the Country , the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government will organise celebration events in Hong Kong. The Government launches the Accreditation Scheme for Community Events in the HKSAR for the Celebration of the 40th Anniversary to encourage community, district and business organisations as well as NGOs to organise territory-wide or district-based celebration activities for public participation.
Accredited Celebration Events
Once an event is accredited, the event organiser may use the official logo, slogan and theme music for publicity purpose.
All accredited events will be included in the official Events Calendar and website.
The applicant should be a body registered under any ordinance of Hong Kong such as the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622), Societies Ordinance (Cap. 151), Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112) and Education Ordinance (Cap. 279), or other organisations recognised by Government departments.
Nature of Proposed Activity
The proposed event must meet the following requirements :
- the theme is to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Reform and Opening Up of the Country；
- open to the public and is able to attract a reasonable number of participants；
- the venue should be accessible to the public；
- non-profit making in nature；
- held between July 2018 and March 2019; and
- will not generate insurmountable problems in traffic and crowd management.
Method of Application
Please complete the application form and submit it by mail, fax or email:
|Address:||13/F, East Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong|
|Mr. Andy AU|
- To ensure that the Secretariat can notify the applicant of the result in a timely manner before the event is held, please submit the application at least 3 weeks before the date of the event.
- The Secretariat will start to vet an application after the applicant submits all the necessary documents. If there is any missing information, the Secretariat will ask the applicant to follow up immediately.
- Applicants will be informed of the results as soon as possible after receipt of the applications. The Secretariat will have full discretion in deciding whether a proposed event should be accredited.
Public Liability and Accident Insurance
Applicants are responsible for the safety of participants and for any accident or legal consequences arising from their event. Applicants are recommended to arrange for public liability insurance for their activities.
For enquiries, please contact:
Mr. AU Hin-shing, Andy
Mr. WONG Chiu-hung, Peter